Select a topic below to scroll to the relevant section on this webpage.
Brougham Primary School is committed to ensuring that children acquire the necessary educational and social skills to prepare them for the next stage of their development.
We aim to:
Provide the full educational entitlement which meets the individual needs of every child
Provide quality learning experiences and activities which are differentiated to cater for individual needs
Give high priority to literacy, numeracy and oracy
Encourage and develop greater parental involvement and support
Celebrate success and achievement to promote positive self esteem and aspirations
Have high expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour
Involve each child in active participation in the planning and assessment of his/her work
Develop an environment in school which promotes a sense of community and belonging and where children can exercise personal and social skills of independence, team work, self awareness, self respect and respect for others
Enrich the curriculum through contacts with organisations, agencies, individuals and experiences outside school
Enhance the skills and experiences of staff
Provide encouragement and support
For our school to accomplish these aims we need to work closely with the family. The education of young children should be promoted through a partnership in which both the home and the school play their parts to the full in order to raise standards of achievement and develop the child as a successful individual.
Prospectus and Policies
To view our current school prospectus or policies please click the links below. Alternatively,if you require a paper copy of our prospectus or policies, please call into our school office where our staff will be able to provide this.
To read the following PDF documents you will need download the free Adobe Reader.
- Admissions Policy (69kb)
- Brougham Primary School Prospectus 2017-2018 (182kb)
- Behaviour Policy (120kb) ( Complies with section 89 of the Education and Inspections Act 2006)
- British Values (120kb)
- Charging and Remissions Policy (86kb)
- Complaints Policy (73kb)
- Exclusion Policy (148kb)
- Hartlepool Schools Menu 2017-2018 (2,294kb)
- ICO guide (213kb)
- Information Governance Policy (299kb)
- Parental Questionnaire Response 2017 (96kb)
- PE Impact Report 2016 (16kb)
- PE Impact Report 2016- 2017 (15kb)
- PE Impact Report 2017-2018
- Pupil Premium Data 2016-2017 (89kb)
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement (27kb)
- Pupil Premium Strategy Statement 2017-2018 (361kb)
- Child Protection (138kb)
- Sun Safety Policy
- Sun Safety information letter
- Staffing (51kb)
*If you are unable to download any of our policies, it is recommended that you use a browser-other than Internet Explorer- to access the policies. Browsers such as Google Chrome or Firefox are suitable alternatives.