Deputy Headteacher – Brougham Primary School, Brougham Terrace, Hartlepool, TS24 8EY
Salary range L12-16, £53,856 – £59,528 permanent post, to commence September 2020
Brougham Primary School and Ad Astra Academy Trust wishes to appoint a Deputy Headteacher who can demonstrate consistently outstanding teaching practice, harness the skills and enthusiasm of all staff and work in partnership with the Headteacher to lead the school on the journey towards ‘Outstanding’.
This post will hold a part-time teaching commitment which will be across the primary phase based upon the needs of the school.
The successful candidate will be someone who is keen to further develop knowledge and skills in all aspects of school leadership and someone who will play a pivotal role in shaping the future of our school; helping us to provide the very best for every child and family in the community.
The posts main area of responsibility will include;
- With the Headteacher, lead the process involved in monitoring, evaluating and challenging the quality of teaching and learning taking place throughout the school.
- Lead, develop and monitor whole school assessment in conjunction with the Headteacher.
- Share responsibility for the analysis of key school performance data, to ensure priorities are appropriate and improvement in standards is promoted.
- Seek to develop and enhance a broad and rich curriculum which meets the needs of the range of pupils in the school.
- Lead on the whole school behaviour management systems including the management of challenging behaviour.
In return, the appointed Deputy Headteacher will work with a dedicated and committed staff to build on the considerable and continued successes and achievements of the school. Brougham Primary School and Ad Astra Academy Trust are also committed to continued professional development for all staff within an inclusive and supportive environment.
Candidates are encouraged to visit the school and to speak informally to the Headteacher Designate, Sarah Greenan on 01429 273663.
Candidates must only apply using the application form provided; CV’s will not be accepted.
Ad Astra Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such the successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced Disclosure & Barring check.
The Application pack and further details are available via the Ad Astra website site: http://www.adastraacademytrust.com/
Closing date for applications: 9am, Friday 7th February 2020
Interviews will be held: Week commencing Monday 24th February 2020
Please upload completed application forms via the link on our website